Friday, February 14, 2014

Crocheted Coffee Cozy's


 Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! 

I just woke up to big,  beautiful snow flakes floating in the air. Yes, it is February and yes,  this still excites me! I'm not quite sick of this fluffy white stuff yet, and I'm really not looking forward to the day the snow melts and we have to scoop up all the dog poop from the past 3-4 months. Yuck!

 Anyways, today I am sharing these adorable coffee cozy's I made for my friends for Valentine's Day. I already sent a few out in the mail, but everyone else is getting theirs today and I am so excited! I just love giving little gifts to make other people smile. 

**Update: These are also now available in my Etsy shop for purchase! You may click here to be sent directly to the listing.


The crochet pattern for the heart can found here. A crochet hook size E was used for the hearts.
Both the cozy and the heart use worsted weight yarn. I made up my own pattern for the actual cozy, using a size H crochet hook. Here it is:

Chain 30. Slip stitch into first chain to make a ring. before moving on, I would make sure that this will fit your coffee cup. If you crochet more loosely or more tightly, you may need to adjust this step.

Row 1: Single crochet into each chain all the way around the ring. Slip stitch into first single crochet to complete the row. 

Row 2-7: Chain 3. Double crochet all the way around the ring. Slip stitch into chain 3 to complete the row.

Row 8: Single crochet into each double crochet, all the way around the ring. Slip stitch into first single crochet to complete the row. Fasten off and weave in ends. 

And there you have it! An adorable coffee cozy. 




I can't wait to give these to all my coffee loving friends! I even stuck some of my Valentine's Day Popcorn Mix inside the cups for an extra special treat. 



Do you ever send gifts to your friends on Valentine's Day?
If so, what do you send them. I love finding new crafty, inexpensive gift ideas!



5 comments:

  1. Love these! Super adorable! I've been wanting to make some for a while now, so thanks for sharing the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they adorable? I made so many to give as gifts that I didn't even have time to make one for myself yet, but that's going to have to change! I'd love to see how yours turns out when you finish it!

      Delete
  2. Those are so stinking cute!!!
    Make sure to visit my blog tomorrow for a new link up, Thrifty Thursday! Can't wait to hear your thrifty ideas!
    www.blogspot.com/mywaytofitandfab

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cute! Going to go visit your etsy shop...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...