Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Home Office Reveal


Today I am finally revealing my home office, and I am so excited to be showing it off. I think this room goes down in history as my favorite room makeover yet! 

If you've been following along for a while, you may have noticed that I have never showed you what my office looks like. Mostly because it usually looked something like this...


Kidding... sort of. This picture is from when we first moved in and had just gotten married. It was always the dumping grounds for all our junk. While I'm happy to say it didn't look like this for too long, it always was kind of our catch-all room. 



Now that you've taken a look at the room, you may have noticed that this room has been in the making for a while. I've been showing you bits and pieces little by little (stenciled cabinet, sewing machine, bulletin board, wall collage). Well, now I'm finally showing you the finished almost finished product.

 We painted the room right after Christmas and purchased the desk shortly after. Adam built me these wonderful ladder shelves and I absolutely love them. The look is exactly what I was going for. I love how clean and white everything is! 

I wanted the shelves to be something functional, yet stylish and I really think I pulled it off. With the help of some mason jars, glass canisters from target, and these grey storage bins I found at TJ Maxx, I am able to store a lot of things I need that are not necessarily pretty. 

Alright, alright. Enough chatter. I'll let the pictures do the talking.






















While this is the big reveal, there are still quite a few things I want to do in this room. First things first I really want to find a chair to stick in the corner. I also want to make some curtains and have big dreams of turning the closet into a craft area. A girl can dream right?

What are some essentials for your home office?
Which room in your home is your favorite?

Happy Hump Day!



Epic Mommy Adventures

17 comments:

  1. I've been working on my room in our house as well! Love how your's turned out and Adam did a great job on the ladder bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie turned out so cute! Love the sewing table too... Thanks for linking up at the Thursday SWEET HAUTE Share link up party!!!

    ~Be Sweet
    Christina
    Blogger @ SWEET HAUTE
    sweethaute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Want to come do mine?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! Those ladder shelves are awesome! Our office is our "catch all" room too...and still is after almost two years in our house! haha Your office makeover has me motivated to get mine accomplished soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My home office has operated as an office, art studio and guest room! I've been meaning to "purge" and re-organize it. You inspire me!!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful! My current office set up functions as a catch-all room and I'm dying for it to look more put together! Stopping by from the link up! www.camillecolumbia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great space to work in. My office is in such need of an overhaul and I love how simple and clean your office is. So jealous! Thanks for linking up at The Makers!
    Corey @ TinySidekick.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie your office is adorable! I just redid my office too which was in a similar state to your first picture, a great big mess! If you have a chance check out my office reveal {www.jstdesign.ca}, I think we both have similar tastes in the all white furniture, love the look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished my craft/office space. It is so nice to have it done! I love having everything organized and in place. Everything looks great in your space, and your sewing table is beautiful. I love it! Thank you for linking up with us at The Makers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! It looks so good! I especially love those fun ceramic canisters and the antique sewing cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great office makeover! Did the shelf design come from the Ana White book too? Thanks for sharing this on Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely office! I love those shelves and your sewing table!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ USS Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great new office! Love it! Thanks for sharing at my Twirl & Take a Bow Party. Have a great weekend!
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how I wish I had my own dedicated office space...this is so pretty and functional too. Love the color palette! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the color palate you chose for your office! The wall collage is great! Our office needs some work. Big time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely beautiful! I love everything that you did, especially the way you accessorized. Pinning this to my home office inspiration board!
    Karen @ Book Delight

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...