Friday, July 18, 2014

Lemon Sugar Scrub


This stuff is seriously my jam right now! Anything with lemon in the title is an automatic win in my book, but this sugar scrub really is fabulous. I've been seeing it pop up all over Pinterest in the past year or so, but never really understood what all the hype was about. That is, until my best friend made me some candy cane sugar scrub for Christmas. I was instantly hooked! It made my skin feel so soft and smooth, like a baby's bottom. Sometimes, I even get really crazy and just soak in the bath tub with it, ahh so relaxing. I've talked it up so much, even my husband uses it now.

So when Spring rolled around it was no surprise that I needed to make some lemon scented scrub.  With the lemon scent, I've reached a whole new level of obsessed. 

This sugar scrub is very easy to make.

INGREDIENTS:
one lemon, 3 cups sugar, 1/4 cup coconut oil

1. Zest the entire lemon, then cut in half and squeeze out the lemon juice. 
2. Heat coconut oil in microwave for about 30 seconds
3. Combine sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and coconut oil into a large bowl.
4. Mix well and enjoy!

The original recipe called for 2 1/2 cups of sugar, but I try to get more bang for my buck, so I use 3 cups. I can usually fill about 2 shorter mason jars with one "batch".

Have you used sugar scrub before?
What other scents do you recommend? 
(I may need to start branching out a little)

Happy Friday Friends!




7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing at the Twirl & Take a Bow Party! It looks fabulous!
    Have a great day.
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Twirl & Take a Bow!
    I love using sugar scrubs. They're easy to make and they work :D
    I don't have another scrub recipe to share but I have used an avocado/honey mask that was amazing!
    Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, found you at Turn It Up Tuesdays...I've been making my own sugar scrubs lately and use olive oil. I just bought the coconut oil because I know that's a good one to use. I used to buy it already made and it was pretty expensive so that's why I started making my own. I love lemon, too and have made that but also I've made a coffee scrub and I've also made vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this great honey, nutmeg, cinnamon, and...I can't remember what else!! It blended into a wet paste you would leave on your face for a bit. Anyway, visiting from Merry Monday Linkup. :) I pinned your post here:
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/101894010294295660/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you keep the remaining jars in your refrigerator and how long do they keep? Thanks for sharing your recipe on Merry Monday.Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great I am going to try this out! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams, starts on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I <3 lemon and your scrub:) I bet without the sugar this is a fabulous hair condition too! Pinned

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...