Friday, June 13, 2014

Vibrant Adirondack Chairs


Today I am sharing with you a project that I have been dying to complete for over a year!
Over the past few weekends, Adam built me these wonderful Adirondack chairs for the backyard, and I just finished painting them this week (just in time for the BBQ we are hosting on Sunday). Hooray! 


We used Ana White's book, The Handbuilt Home, as a reference to build these beauties. It was pretty inexpensive to buy all of the supplies, and overall took Adam two afternoons to build both chairs and the table. Once they were built, Adam sanded them down so they were ready for me to paint.


Speaking of painting, I had one heck of a time deciding which colors to go with. We spent Memorial Day weekend up north on Long Lake, and talk about immense amounts of brightly colored Adirondack chairs. One cottage had a row of chairs painted every color of the rainbow. It was to die for! Each cottage we passed had at least a few brightly colored chairs sitting in the lawn overlooking the water. I debated for-ev-er and each color combination seemed just as perfect as the next. Blues, yellows, pinks, oranges, greens. How was I ever going to decide?! I ended up narrowing it down to a few options and let Adam have the final say. He's a good decision maker when I am too indecisive. What can I say, I picked a winner. We finally decided to go with blue, green, and pink. I primed each piece, gave each piece two coats of paint, and used a spray sealer for some extra protection since they will be outside all summer long. 




I am thrilled with how they turned out, and even more excited to be sharing them with you!

What colors would you paint your Adirondack chairs?



11 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I love the bright colors you picked! I would love to build some of these for our deck...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sososososooo cute!!

    I wanted to let you know I am hosting a giveaway on my blog today and thought you'd be interested :)
    Giveaway @ Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! My husband has an old adirondack he built back in high school. And while the chair is great, the old, faded wood is not. This gives me inspiration to paint it and have him build one to match it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Turn It Up Tuesday. I love Adirondack chairs, I'm in the market for a few. The colors are fabulous, I love the end result. I love red so one would have to be red, and the other I would have to decide on. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours you chose!! Beautiful :) And that big backyard--- lucky!! Would love for you to share it (and any other DIY projects at our link party on my blog! These look fabulous!
    Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these colors. How cute! They look comfy and those chairs are great for soaking in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those really brighten up your yard. Thanks for sharing. Hello from Turn It Up Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those turned out great. I need to get that book and give my hubby a "honey to do list". Thanks for sharing this on Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These colors are so cheery! I love it :) And really, nothing is more comfortable on a patio than adirondack chairs... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These colors are so cheery! I love it :) And really, nothing is more comfortable on a patio than adirondack chairs... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...