This Angel Berry Trifle is the perfect summer dessert. It is light and refreshing, and the perfect dessert to take to a backyard barbecue. My mother-in-law has made it for the past few summers and it has to be one of my favorites by far. The recipe makes a ton, I cut the recipe in half and it still nearly filled my trifle bowl. I like it with strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries, but you can put in any fruit you'd like.
1 bunt size angel food cake (or two loaves)
16 oz. of strawberries raspberries, blueberries
2 small packs of vanilla instant pudding
3 cups of milk
16 oz. of cool whip
1. Cut angel food cake into small pieces.2. Wash and cut fruit as needed.
3. Mix milk and pudding, then fold in 8 oz. of cool whip.
4. In a large bowl, layer starting with 1/3 of the cake, then 1/2 the pudding mixture and 1/2 the fruit.
5. Repeat cake, pudding, and fruit layers, with the final layer being cake.
6. Top the cake with the rest of the cool whip and decorate with fruit.