Saturday, June 21, 2014

Wine Cork Garden Markers {and our first garden}


This year, we planted our first garden! I call it my salsa garden because I have every intention to ma ke all kinds of yummy fresh garden salsa with these vegetables. We planted tomatoes, green peppers, jalapeno peppers, red onions and cilantro. We still had some extra space, so we also planted cucumbers, lettuce, and parsley. Neither of us have really ever had a garden, so we can't really be sure we will have vegetables by the end of summer. We have just been watering the plants every night and things seem to be growing quite well. 




I decided I wanted to put in some garden markers, so I pulled out my wine corks, skewers, and a permanent marker. 


I simply wrote each vegetable on a wine cork with my marker, and then stabbed a skewer into the bottom of the cork. Within minutes, I had fun garden markers ready to stick into the dirt. 




And now we wait! Hopefully we will have vegetables coming out of ears in no time. 

What do you usually grow in your garden? 
I'm kind of regretting not throwing a few strawberry plants in there. There's always next year, right?

Have a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Love your garden markers--so cute! Such a great idea to have a little garden so you can make some salsa!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...