Monday, June 23, 2014

Party Like It's 1776


Fourth of July is quickly approaching, which means it's time to get a little decor up around the house. I've always loved the fourth of july, and I think it's one of the most under-appreciated holidays. This year, I decided to make this canvas. I have to admit, I wasn't clever enough to come up with the saying on my own, I saw it on some cups at Pier 1 and immediately thought it would look great on a canvas.



Confession: This canvas was a Vino Van Gogh painting gone horribly wrong. I can craft all day long, but make me paint a picture of trees starting with a blank canvas and I promise I will fail. I just started the project by giving the canvas a couple coats of white spray paint, magic I tell ya! I wasn't about to let a perfectly good canvas go to waste. 

Do you ever decorate or do anything special for the Fourth of July? 
Check out my wreath from last year here.
If I have time, I may even squeeze in a few other patriotic projects.



1 comment:

  1. I love this! seriously, what a great idea to put the saying to a canvas.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...