Tuesday, May 15, 2012

First Day Of Classes


After a year and a half of searching for a full time job in my field, I have decided to go back to school. I like to say that I still haven't figured out what I want to do when I grow up, but that isn't necessarily true. The truth is, I would love to shop, craft, blog, and watch TV for the rest of my life, but society and finances tell me I can't. I figured I need to start doing something with my life (before I start popping out babies), so I have decided that I liked school so much the first time, I am ready to take another go at it.

This past winter, I applied to Saginaw Valley State University to pursue a Master's degree in Occupational Therapy. After pulling a few strings and meeting with the head of the department, I was able to take quite a few courses off my load, but I still have about 10-12 undergraduate classes to take before applying to the Master's program. More undergrad classes... just what every college graduate wants to hear, right?

Well, there's no time like the present, so I registered for Spring classes, and then registered again for Fall classes. If things work out, I will be applying to the Master's program this Winter, and starting graduate coursework Spring 2013. Two years of graduate classes and a few internships later, I will be a Certified Occupational Therapist. At least that's the plan anyways :)


Today is the day! I am was very excited to start a few classes today, until I read the syllabus for each class. Projects...quizzes...papers...exams...But like I said, I love school.


Although I will always be a CHippewa at heart, as of today, I am a Cardinal! Woohoo!

Has anyone else decided to go back to school after taking a long break? Did you find it easy or difficult the second time around? Anyone have any words of encouragement as I start this new adventure?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...