This is one of my favorite recipes I've tried so far! I love lasagna, but I was looking for a different twist on it besides marinara, meat, and cheese. This is definitely not a "quick" dinner recipe, but it's perfect when you have some extra time on your hands. And with it being only 7 weight watchers points, you don't even have to feel guilty for eating it!
I must warn you, this Garden Style Lasagna is definitely not a "quick" dinner recipe, but it's perfect when you have some extra time on your hands. I promise you, it is worth every minute you spend making it.
**Unfortunately, it looked so good I forgot to take any pictures of it before it was devoured, so it doesn't look as appetizing as it did fresh out of the oven. I will try to get some yummier looking pictures the next time I make it.
2 cups chopped onion
2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil (divided)
2 cups chopped zucchini
2 cups chopped yellow squash
2 cups thinly sliced carrot
2 cups chopped broccoli
1 teaspoon salt (divided)
1/2 cup flour
3 1/2 cups skim milk
1 cup Parmesan cheese (divided)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
dash of nutmeg
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
1 1/2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese (divided)
9 pre-cooked lasagna noodles
1. Preheat over to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
2. Saute onion over medium-high heat until lightly browned (approximately 4 minutes). Add garlic and saute 1 more minute. Place in a large bowl.
3. Saute zucchini and yellow squash, with 1 teaspoon oil, over medium-high heat until lightly browned (approximately 4 minutes). Add to large bowl with onion mixture.
4. Saute sliced carrots with 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat until tender (approximately 4 minutes). Add broccoli and saute another 4 minutes. Add to large bowl with the other veggies. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix well.
5. Combine flour and milk in a saucepan. Stir with a whisk to blend. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Allow mixture to thicken, stirring constantly. When it reaches desired consistency, remove from heat. Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and dash of nutmeg. Stir in spinach.
6. Combine cottage cheese and 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.
7. Put it all together! Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. And the layering begins: 1/2 cup spinach mixture; 3 lasagna noodles; half of the cottage cheese mixture; half of the veggies; 1 cup of the spinach mixture; 3 lasagna noodles; other half of the cottage cheese mixture; other half of veggies; 1 cup spinach mixture; 3 lasagna noodles; remaining spinach mixture; 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
8. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly/lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!