Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Wedding Day: Before The Ceremony

The day started bright and early, especially after staying up so late the night before (out of town guests + bar + karaoke= bad idea late night for the bride and groom). I woke up at 8:00 a.m. and jumped in the shower before heading to the salon for hair and makeup. My wonderful mommy made my favorite breakfast: coffee cake, and us girls ran around the house singing "Going to the chapel and we're.... gonna get married"

We met the rest of the bridal party at the salon at 10:00, and the pampering began. I got my makeup done first, and then my hair as I sat in the chair smiling like a bride on her wedding day, crazy right? Once everyone was beautified, we headed on our way. I was dying to see how my centerpieces turned out after my grandma, aunts, and cousin set them up for me, so we stopped at the reception hall on the way home. I had a minor freak out when I realized the cake was still not there, but it was short lived when my cake lady came walking in right at that moment. PHEW! I also managed to get a picture of the sign out front with our picture on it as we were leaving. 

When we arrived home, we ate a quick lunch, the girls got dressed, gathered our things and headed to the church. Up until this point, we were right on schedule, but then we fell a half hour behind and I began freaking out. Needless to say, I wasn't a very pleasant bride on the car ride to the church.

When we got to the church, everything just fell into place. I slipped on my dress and accessories, drank some wine, and relaxed with my ladies. Adam got ready at the hotel with his parents and groomsmen. He was on time and was actually waiting for me to arrive at the church so he wouldn't be there before me. I received word that Adam arrived shortly after, and my flower girl delivered a sweet note from my groom.

We didn't have a lot of time between the ceremony and reception to take pictures, so we decided to take pictures of the girls and pictures of the guys before the ceremony (separately of course). The girls went first, and once I was safely tucked away, the guys headed out for pictures.

I peaked through the curtains in the bridal room and watched as guest after guest was seated. Before I knew it, the bridal party left to line up and I stayed behind with my parents, waiting for my grand entrance.




























No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...