Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ornament Wreath

We've all seen those beautiful ornament wreaths around the stores, and if you are anything like me, you have fallen in love with them. Last year, I was determined to create my own to spruce up the apartment and save a little money in the process. Here is how I made my adorable ornament wreath...



what you will need:
wire hanger, ribbon, hot glue, ornaments

I purchased my ornaments in sleeves of  seven at the dollar store. You will need approximately 60 large and 30 small ornaments.



Start by shaping your wire hanger into a circle. This is your wreath form. Next, hot glue all the ornament caps down so they don't fall off. This is very important to keep your ornaments from falling off. When you are ready, untwist the ends of the hanger and begin stringing the ornaments, alternating colors and ornament placement as desired. Use the smaller ornaments to fill in the gaps left by the big ornaments. Once all your ornaments are in place, retwist the ends of the hanger and form a hook. Use the ribbon to form a bow and cover up the wire hook.  





I love the way my wreath looked hanging over our mirror in our old apartment. Unfortunately, our wreath hasn't quite found its perfect place in our new home yet, as it doesn't fit between the front door and storm door. 



What do you guys think? Has anyone else ever tried to remake something they have seen at a store? 
I can't wait to show you my next store-remake christmas decorations. I should be finishing them up tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...