Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Vignette

One of the downfalls of our house is that it has no fireplace. Although I would be too paranoid to ever light a fire, I do wish I had a mantle to decorate for the holidays. Instead, we have a buffet right inside our front door. This Christmas, I did not hesitate to deck it out in everything Christmas. 



I used a lot of decorations I already had, along with a few DIY projects to make this holiday vignette. I don't know about you, but I think it is absolute perfection. Okay I lied, I decided I need a Christmas lamp next year. 


I had these silver frames I picked up from TJ Maxx a few months ago. You can never have too many frames, right?! I fell in love with these two printables when I saw them on Little Baby Garvin's blog.


I threw a candle on a plate and added some ornaments for the center of the vignette. I also made the fancy lights with a set of white lights I already had and tied squares of tulle along the string. 


I saw these Floating Ornament Christmas Trees at a boutique a while back, I immediately decided I was going to make my own, with the help of my husband of course. I LOVE the way the turned out, and I have even seen many versions of them at random stores this holiday season. To see how I made them, check out my tutorial here.


The Christmas Wreath Frame was another DIY project (tutorial here). It was originally going to decorate the front door, but I loved it too much to put it outside. 


I also dug out another "handmade" hurricane vase to fill with gems and Christmas bells. I added a snowflake to the vase, which was originally a candle charm, to spruce it up a bit. 

The Christmas Vignette was by far my favorite thing to look at in our house this holiday season. I can't wait to decorate it for every season :)

Happy Christmas Eve!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...