Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tutorial: Decorative Fabric Balls- St. Patrick's Day Edition


I had some fabric leftover from my wreath, so I decided to make some decorative balls for my glass vase. Turns out, I like them better in my fruit bowl. At any rate, they are very simple to make!

what you will need:
fabric, pins, sytrofoam balls, scissors


First, I cut the fabric into strips. The size of each strip will depend on the size of your styrofoam balls, mine were 3 inches. My strips ended up being somewhere between 0.5 inch-1 inch wide, and about 9.5 inches long. I eyeballed these measurements, so they were not exact each time. Each ball required 8 strips of fabric, but that will depend on how thin you make you strips.




Once your strips are cut, you are ready to begin. I began wrapping the fabric strips around the styrofoam ball and using one pin to join the ends. Continue this process until the entire ball is covered.


When your entire ball is covered and you can no longer see the styrofoam, you have finished your first fabric ball. Repeat these steps to fill an entire vase, bowl, etc. 





What are some other simple decorating ideas you have tried with styrofoam balls?
Anyone going to try to make these?

Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...