Monday, July 22, 2013

Make Your Own Towel Hooks


I have been looking for fun towel hooks since the day we moved in. Our bathroom has one tiny hook on the back of the door, and that is it. When I came across these fun hooks at Home Depot, I knew I would just have to create my vision myself since I couldn't find it anywhere I looked.

what you'll need:
1x3's (or desired width), gorilla wood glue, wood stain, hooks of your choice

The first step in this project is deciding how big you want your towel rack to be and cutting the wood accordingly. We cut 6-1x3's to be 36 inches long. We then glued them together offsetting the edges for a unique look. After the glue had dried, we were able to stain the wood to our liking, and finally add the hooks once the stain was dry. 



I love the way our towel hooks turned out! They look great in our bathroom and even match the wood framed mirror we made a while back. Not to mention, they are much more functional than the tiny hook on the back of the door!



Happy Monday!


4 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your site through pinterest. I'd like to know how you mounted this on your wall. Me and my husband are going to do this exact thing! I love it...much better looking than the boring bar that our towels get all jammed up together on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for your interest in my project! We actually strategically placed the screws and drilled the wood boards to the wall before putting the hooks on. We then placed the hooks over top the screws that went into the wall. We found this to be a pretty simple way of doing it, and you can't even tell!

      Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! Let me know how yours turns out :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh... I love this project too! Having never visited your blog before, I'm having fun exploring your older posts. You've got some great posts! Now following along via GFC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so GFC is acting up this morning.... following via bloglovin and Pinterest instead :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...