Sunday, September 15, 2013

How To Reuse Candles

Does anyone else get frustrated when they get to the bottom of their candles and they just stop burning? Doesn't it seem like a complete waste of beautifully scented wax? Well, in honor of this beautiful fall weather, here is a way to reuse the wax or your favorite scents! Thrifty huh?



what you will need:
a pot, water, an old candle, birthday candles, and votive holders

I bought my votive holders for $1 each at Meijer and found a pack of 80 birthday candles at the Dollar Tree, which means this cost me just a little over a dollar per votive.



The first step is to boil a pot of water.



Next, throw an old candle into the pot and let it sit in there until all the wax is melted.



Once the wax is melted, pour it into the votive holder until near full. After the wax sits in the votive holder for a few minutes, insert a birthday candle into the center and let it cool.


It looks silly at first, but as soon as you burn it once, the birthday candle look goes away. Burn your new votive as you normally would, and enjoy your favorite scents even longer.

Happy Burning!


4 comments:

  1. What a great idea :) Candle burning season is coming - perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My candle obsession makes it impossible for me to waste perfectly good smelling wax :)

      Delete
  2. I am like you! I can't stand wasting all the perfectly good wax! This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...