Thursday, January 23, 2014

Crayon Wreath


How cute is this crayon wreath?! Wouldn't it look great on a classroom door? My best friend is a teacher, and I have been wanting to make her one of these wreaths for a long, long time. Well, I finally did this Christmas and I'm so excited with how it turned out! And best of all, I think she liked it too!


in order to make this, you'll need:
crayons, two embroidery loops (different sizes), hot glue gun, ribbon

I wanted a bright, colorful wreath, so I chose to leave out all the neutral colors. I started by trying to lay out the crayons on the wreath before gluing. BAD IDEA. They rolled everywhere and it was a big mess. Finally, I decided to do it one color at a time. I started with the light pick color and glued all four of the crayons on to the wreath to better see that they were all evenly spaced out. I  continued around the wreath starting in the center of quadrant.  


When I finally got the crayons all glued on, I added ribbon to hang the wreath and a bow for a little extra decoration. I debated adding an apple or other school supplies for embellishment, but decided against it. I love the simplicity of the wreath with just the ribbon.


Now you can easily make this for all your teacher friends!
Ready. Set. Go!




2 comments:

  1. Super cute! My sister is a teacher, so this would be perfect for me to make for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this post at The Weekend re-Treat Link Party on The Best Blog Recipes! Wanted to stop by and Pin your post to our Party Boards :)

    Shauna @ The Best Blog Recipes

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...