Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Homemade Garden Salsa


As I mentioned in my recent garden update, I have vegetables coming out my ears! When I planted the garden, my plan was to make homemade salsa with all the fresh vegetables from our garden. I had no idea how many batches of salsa I would be making, but the count is currently up to eight. 
Eight batches of salsa, folks! 

With those eight batches of salsa, I have had plenty of time to perfect my recipe.
Today, I decided to share my recipe with you, in case you have vegetables coming out your ears too!

INGREDIENTS:
4 tomatoes
1/2 cup red onion
1/2  cup green pepper
2 jalapeno peppers
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
Cilantro and Parsley to taste

***NOTE: I like my salsa pretty spicy so this salsa is pretty hot! If you like yours more mild, I would use only 1 jalapeno pepper and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes. 

DIRECTIONS:
1. Place all ingredients in blender and chop,
2. Depending on the consistency you like, you can also use the puree option. 
3. Enjoy with tortilla chips or your favorite Mexican dish!


Enjoy!




Eat Drink & Be Mary

7 comments:

  1. I am bummed my tomatoes are so slow to ripen this year. I am missing some really great opportunities for salsa. Love your recipe and I would be honored if you would stop by and share at Foodie Fridays. The party begins Thursday, 9pm EST. Hope to see you there.
    Blessings,
    Shari
    http://puregracefarms.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm!! I LOVE salsa and I swear I could live off chips and salsa forever. I've never made my own salsa, but my mom always makes some with veggies from her garden, and luckily she makes tons and shares with me. I'll have to get some veggies from her and try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE homemade salsa; it's one of my favorite snacks!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe at the Twirl & Take a Bow Party! Have an awesome week!
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so simple! I'm going to try your salsa recipe :) Visiting you from Twirl & take a bow party..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am up to my eyeballs in tomatoes and am always looking for new salsa recipes. Thank you so much for sharing yours with Delicious Dish Tuesday. I browsed your other recipes and love the tomato basil parmesan soup too! I hope you continue to link up every week :) We would love it if you would add our button to your post or link back so that others know where to find the hop and we could feature your recipes in a future post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love fresh salsa and I'm always trying new recipes. Thanks for sharing this on Merry Monday. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...