Monday, January 5, 2015

52 Week Money Saving Challenge With a Twist

Last week, I shared my Five Goals for 2015. On that list was the goal to save more money.

I've seen the 52 Week Money Saving Challenge all over Pinterest for a while now, but just knew that wouldn't work for us. Starting in May, I will be finishing up my classes and quitting my job to complete full-time fieldwork until December. This really is exciting since I will get to finally be "working" in my chosen career as an Occupational Therapist. The downfall... having no pay checks.

I decided to use the 52 Week Challenge, but add a little twist to it. 
Instead of starting Week 1 with $1, I will start it with $52. This way, it will become easier to save the money. While it is the beginning of the year and I am feeling motivated to save money, I will put in higher amounts, and by the time I quit my job in May, the amount each week will be drastically lower. 

Aside from planning ahead for future months, I don't know about you, but I am inpatient and want to see a change NOW. By putting in higher amounts at the beginning, you will have already saved over $100 after two weeks, and over $200 within one month!




To remind myself to put money into the bank, I am printing this off and sticking it to my bulletin board. As I deposit money each week, I will check the box to make me feel extra accomplished. Sometimes it's the little things that keep me motivated.

Who's up for the challenge? I am starting today by putting $52 dollars in my savings account and you should, too! Plan a nice vacation, put it towards student loans, redecorate a room, or just keep it as an emergency fund. Whatever you do with it, I am sure you will be loving having some extra cash around this time next year :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...