Monday, February 11, 2013

Tutorial: Love Blocks


Another one of my favorite Valentine's Day projects from last year are these fun "love" blocks. They were so easy to make, I ended up doing some for almost every holiday. 

what you will need:
a 2x4 piece of wood, spray paint, scrapbook paper and cardstock, ribbon, modpodge, glue gun

I let Adam have a little fun with this one and cut the 2x4 into four pieces: one 6in block, two 7in blocks, and one 8in block. I gave each piece of wood a few coats of black spray paint and sanded the sides.

To make the letters, I picked a font, printed it out, and traced each letter onto cardstock. Since I didn't have a fancy machine for cutting, this is what I resorts to. I cut the letters from the cardstock and they were ready to go.

Next, I traced each piece of wood onto scrapbook paper and cut them out. Using mod podge, I put the different patterned paper onto each block of wood. Another coat was used to adhere the letters, and a final coat went on top.

When that was completely dry, I added the ribbon using a glue gun. To make sure the wood blocks could easily stand, I only put ribbon along the two sides and tied them together at the top. Simple as that!



I love this project, because as I said before, you can do it for any holiday you want, or do one for your everyday decor.

Exciting news: Melanie Gets Married reached 3,000 views today!! Thanks to everyone who reads this!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...