Saturday, October 19, 2013

Wooden Pumpkins



I have been seriously off my crafting game lately! School, and life in general is getting busier every day and I'm sad to say crafting has moved down on the priority totem pole. Well, this weekend I needed a break from all the school work, so I sent hubby outside to cut some 2x4's that I could make into pumpkins. 

what you'll need:
2x4 piece of wood, paint (i used orange and brown), sand paper, scrapbook paper, mod podge, hot glue gun, ribbons/wire or whatever you would like to decorate the stem

FIRST: Cut the wood.
Tall Pumpkin- 7- 8inch pieces
Short Pumpkin- 5-10in pieces
For each pumpkin, 2 pieces of wood should have 30 degree cuts on each side. These pieces will be the top and bottom pieces of your pumpkin and will make the pretty curve that gives it a rounder look.



SECOND: Paint the wood, mostly just around the edges. I started painting the whole thing, and then realized when I was almost done that nobody was going to see the tops and bottoms once I glued them together. Oops!



THIRD: Sand the edges of each piece to give your pumpkins a weathered look.

FOURTH: Apply scrapbook paper of your choosing to the front of each piece of wood using mod podge. This process is similar to making wood block letters.

FIFTH: Hot glue all the pieces together and decorate your stem!





Happy Crafting!


5 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea! Thanks for linking up to The DIY'ers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now these are just too cute! love 'em! We have plenty of scrap wood - these will be next for me ;-) thanks for sharing your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for liking up for DIY Weekend at Mr. and Mrs. Winslett! I love your little wood pumpkins so much I featured them this week.

    http://mrandmrswinslett.blogspot.com/2013/10/diy-weekend-1031-chevron-infinity-scarf.html

    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! Thanks so much for sharing at our Get Your DIY on party! I hope you can join us again tonight. Our new theme is burlap! Love the name of your blog, too! :)
    XO,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my son would love these even more if I made them stackable! Thanks for sharing at the Foodies and Crafties soiree!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...