Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Pillows


Ever since I made my first set of pillow covers (here), I can't stop making pillow covers for each season/holiday. 

I started by using red and green chevron fabric to add some color to the living room. Then, I decided to make these fabulous gold and white pillow covers. I found it easiest to first make the pillow covers out of white duck canvas, and then add the gold lettering. I designed the pillows on photoshop, printed them out, and traced them onto the pillow using pencil. Then, I placed cardboard inside the pillow cover and used gold paint to fill it all in. It wasn't long before they were dry and I was throwing them on our couch.

I probably sat in my living room staring at the pillows for a good 10 minutes. I think it's my favorite project I've done in a while, and I could not stop admiring my work.






The biggest problem I've had with these pillows is keeping them clean. A certain four-legged friend of mine loves to lay right on top of them, leaving footprints in her tracks. White should not be allowed in my living room. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...