Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Santa Initial Wreath


Tonight I am introducing the newest addition to my Christmas decor.
 Drum roll please....drum roll. Oh, ah ah bththththtthth.....JOY TO THE WORLD.....


Bam, Santa Initial Wreath!
In case you haven't noticed, I am a wee bit in love with the letter M! I just love adding in our initial to any decor to make it a little more personal. 

Every year, I manage to make a wreath that I deem inappropriate to hang on my front door. The first year Adam and I lived together, I made an ornament wreath. Turns out, I liked it better hanging on a mirror than I did hanging it on our apartment door. When we moved into our house and celebrated our first Christmas here, I quickly realized that the wreath was too large to fit between the front door and the glass door. So I obviously needed a new wreath...

I ended up making a Christmas Wreath Frame. I immediately decided it was too beautiful to hang on our front door to possibly get ruined. So this year, I think I finally came up with a "wreath" that fits perfectly. Not too bulky or fancy, but just right. 

I must admit, this idea came from Pinterest. Unfortunately, I was unable to find the original source so I am unable to give much deserved credit to whoever came up with this wonderful idea. My favorite part? I only needed to buy two things to make this whole thing come together, the "M" and the gold glitter stick.

what you'll need:
wooden "m," red spray paint, black acrylic paint, white felt, black ribbon, and gold glitter, glue gun

This is definitely a simple afternoon project. The longest part is waiting for the glue to dry. Now that's my kind of project: quick and easy.




While this looks I'm betting I'll decide by next year that I just need another one. 
Does anyone else change out their wreaths every year until they find the perfect one? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog, and try to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...